photo 81949b89-01e9-4b68-9ed7-2f5f0107c4a1_zps643f50f2.png photo 27be1839-4b5a-4876-9e37-0b226c2dd11b_zpsa7cee300.png photo ea055864-8a7a-4a03-8d8e-c2bc3183d188_zpscfef9c29.png photo ff1b7c14-acad-443e-b9bf-100ee7284711_zpsbe9025d0.png

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

JUNIOR PROM

Full of dancing, friends, and (my favorite part) makeup, junior prom was more an extravaganza than merely a dance. The festivities began with a manicure and a sleepover with my good friend, which turned into a day-long effort to get ready with hair, makeup, and the most challenging part of all--fake eyelashes. Here are some pictures from the big day:


with my friends at pre-prom

I went with a friend yay



Accessories

Diane Von Furstenburg Gold Gatsby Glimmer Clutch
Nicole Miller Magnolia Flower Earrings

I got my dress (Reem Acra Florence Gown), earrings, and clutch from Rent The Runway. From the moment I opened the package, I fell in love with each item. Although I was afraid that the dress wouldn't fit because they couldn't send me the backup size of 6L, the 4L was absolutely perfect with 2" heels.



Hair and Makeup



I wanted to keep my hair down to not only show off my short hair (woot woot), but also to counteract the extreme princess vibe my dress was giving off. Don't get me wrong, I loved that I was royal-esque, but I did not want to go overboard and play dress-up by adding an updo to achieve the Belle-from-Beauty-and-the-Beast look. 

Because my dress lacks color and my accessories give it that slight pop, I really wanted to elevate my look by adding in a red lip (also to tie into my red corsage). I didn't want to touch up all night so I used the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso, which really did stay all day! This red is really bright and bold so I stayed light on the eyes, with natural eyeshadow, but adding another pop with fake eyelashes. 


Overall, Prom was definitely a memorable addition to my overall high school experience and I am so glad that everything turned out perfectly!





No comments:

Post a Comment