photo 81949b89-01e9-4b68-9ed7-2f5f0107c4a1_zps643f50f2.png photo 27be1839-4b5a-4876-9e37-0b226c2dd11b_zpsa7cee300.png photo ea055864-8a7a-4a03-8d8e-c2bc3183d188_zpscfef9c29.png photo ff1b7c14-acad-443e-b9bf-100ee7284711_zpsbe9025d0.png

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Drugstore Makeup Haul

Target is one of my favorite places in the world. I can shamelessly wander around the brightly lit makeup aisles for an hour and feel like all is right in the world. Today, I was on a mission to buy some new drugstore makeup, so of course Target was my immediate destination.


Here's what I got:

This is a repurchase for me. I absolutely adore the formula and the brush because they consistently give me separated, clump-free, long lashes. Also, I've found that even the regular formula does not smudge to underneath my eyes like some other mascaras do. 

This is also not my first time purchasing this product, but I had to get a new one because my last one was leaking all over my makeup drawer. Creamy, long-lasting, and crease-proof, this formula is fantastic for covering darkness under the eyes. I also like to use it around my nose, chin, forehead, etc. for days I don't feel like wearing foundation because it blends into my skin seamlessly. 
I don't have many waterproof mascaras because I think they are a hassle to get off and unnecessary for everyday wear, but I wanted to pick one up to use on special occasions or times when I want my mascara to be really long-lasting. I haven't heard anything about this, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I already have a few of the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains so I really wanted to try the other formulas as well. Complex is a peachy nude that is matte, moisturizing on the lips, velvety, and really comfortable to wear. Clearly from my color selection I like nudes because of their versatility, but I do want to try some of the brighter shades. 

Demure is a cool-toned pink that has visible silver glitter, which wasn't evident from the packaging. So far, I prefer the formula of the Lacquer Balm to the Matte Balm because I like the moisturizing finish, but I'm not a huge fan of the glitter particles. I definitely will be buying more of these balms soon though.

I don't ever use lipliner, but I've been wanting to give it a try for quite a while. I wanted to get a mechanical lipliner instead of a pencil, and this was honestly only my choice because it came in a sealed package and hadn't been tested out yet (which is really annoying). Blush is a rosy mid-toned pink that feels slightly sticky and somewhat drying on the lips, even with lip balm underneath, but that might be because of the long-lasting formula. I will have to test it out more and see if I like it.



Have you been shopping recently? If so, what did you buy?




No comments:

Post a Comment